Wed, 16 May 2012
There are some Christians and even pastors who believe the Bible's silence on abortion means that we should not speak up about the issue. Scott Klusendorf from Life Training Institute deals a devastating blow to this argument.
- Should pro-lifers defend their view with Psalm 139, Jeremiah 1:5 and others like it?
- A better biblical argument for the pro-life position;
- Responding to the argument that biblically speaking, life begins at "first breath;"
- Responding to the Mosaic law about fighting men that accidentally cause a premature delivery;
- Responding to that weird passage in Numbers 5 with a priest giving a suspected pregnant adulteress a potion that may result in an abortion;
- Responding to the argument that God is the "greatest aborter of history" because so many unborn children die in miscarriages;
- The inherent exegetical danger of modern Christians using directives from Mosaic law or the Old Covenant.
- Evaluating Mark Driscoll's statement that 2nd-trimester John the Baptist leaping in the womb in response to 1st-trimester Jesus is a great biblical argument for the personhood of the unborn child.
For more Scott Klusendorf, check out his website:
Watch or download the Mark Driscoll sermon Josh referred to here: